Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feb 6-9

Feb 6
Friday night, I went to see Marley & Me at the Sydney Open Air Cinema. This was a very cool place. The movie theatre is outside and it faces Sydney Harbour. The movie screen actually sits in the water. Beyond the movie theatre, you can see the Sydney skyline and the opera house. It was an unbelievable view! I tried to take some pics but my camera doesn't work great at night. Here's some shots of me and my friend Anke in front of the opera house on the walk there.

















Feb 7

On Saturday afternoon, I hung out at Darling Harbour. This is a pretty big tourist spot. They had some rowing competitions going on during the day.



For lunch, I ate at a restaurant in China Town and then had dinner with some friends on Saturday night.


Saturday night was my last night in Sydney. This is a great city with so much to do. I highly recommend it to everyone. I would love to do more but its time to move on! I fly out of Sydney so might have a few extra days at the end of my trip to do more.

Feb 8

On Sunday, I took a 2 hr train ride to Katoomba which is in the Blue Mountains. There is a lot of hiking and adventure activities to do here. I didn't do much because it was so hot but I did see some good views.








Feb 9

The heat wave is finally over!....Today its perfect weather in the 70's. I took a train to Newcastle which is a city on the beach. I'm only here for the night. I took a walk along the shoreline of Newcastle and was blown away by the beaches and the natural coastline. The pictures don't do it justice but here they are.....






They have a lot of these which are called ocean pools. They are for pansies that are scared of sharks. Someone like Beardsley would probably stick to one of these. They are filled with water from the ocean but completely isolated from it.

I walked out to the tip of this light house. They say you can sometimes see dolphins or whales from this point but I didnt' see any.









No comments:

Post a Comment